Certified Treasury Professional
The Certified Treasury Professional® certificate program is designed to develop the skills required by treasury professionals to execute critical functions related to corporate liquidity, capital and risk management. The Northwestern program utilizes the AFP Treasury Learning System™ materials in academic partnership with the Association for Financial Professionals.
Next class offered in Fall 2014. Sign up to receive updates.
In this program students will learn how to:
- Maintain corporate liquidity required to meet current and future obligations in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage optimal cash positioning through forecasting and short-term investing and borrowing activities.
- Employ working capital strategies and tools to efficiently manage current assets and liabilities.
- Utilize various types of payment systems and Internet technologies to transfer monetary value and business documents between parties.
- Monitor and control corporate exposure to financial and operational risks.
- Optimize capital structure, manage costs of long-term capital and quantitatively evaluate capital resource investments.
- Manage cross-border funds movement and utilize international trade financing methods.
- Coordinate financial functions and sharing of financial information with other internal departments.
- Delineate appropriate ethical behaviors expected in business activities.
- Recognize corporate governance issues that arise from the separation of corporate ownership and control.
- Build cost effective relationships with financial services providers.
- The course tuition fee includes the most recent print edition of and online access to the AFP Treasury Learning System™.
- Guided overviews for each module highlight key topics
- Assessments identify topics a participant already knows and those areas that require more time and attention
- Create a personalized study plan based on experience and pre-test score
- More than 850 questions for continually testing knowledge and comprehension
- Features real-life case study scenarios and questions to apply your knowledge
- Practice exam presented with a timing feature and other functionality to emulate the CTP certification exam
- Online or printable flashcards, related links, additional resources and a feedback feature
Association for Financial Professionals Partner Program
The CTP® program is a single course of study. To earn a certificate from Northwestern University, students must complete the 12-week, 36-hour Certified Treasury Professional® Certificate Program. The program is offered at our loop campus approximately once per term in the evening during the work week. CTP® certification is awarded by examination from the Association for Financial Professionals. More information on the exam can be found on their website.